Church Square (in Navas de Tolosa)

Venta de Linares was also known as Venta de las Cruces because of its location at the crossroads of the Road to Granada and the Road to Andalusia. This same character of intersection point is what the Enlightenment gave to this beautiful and functional square, which organises the urban fabric of the town, as it receives and welcomes the traveller in a large public space presided over by the façade of the parish church, and directs him to its two oblique exits depending on whether he took the road to Granada (left flank) or whether he continued towards Córdoba (the right).

A simple cross stands in its centre commemorating the victory of the Christian troops at Navas de Tolosa (1212).

8 de June de 2022

Plaza de la Iglesia de Navas de Tolosa