Coat of arms of Venta Linares

The coat of arms of the town of Linares is still proudly displayed on a facade in San Antonio Street, reminding us that this was the site of the old Linares Sale, which was the point of origin of the Nueva Población, which around 1772 began to be called Navas de Tolosa in honour of the famous battle.

At the beginning of the colonisation (September 1767), the old inn was converted early on into the General Hospital for the new settlers, where a chapel and the cemetery were also located.  As the parishes grew and parishes and hospitals were established, the buildings of the inn and the first hospital became homes for the settlers and were integrated into the urban fabric.

8 de June de 2022

Escudo de la Venta de Linares