Formerly known as Square of Bulls and Arcos Square, because its original architectural structure of arches and boxes allowed for the celebration of bullfighting festivities, among other public events. Of great beauty and octagonal shape, open at both ends for the passage of the old Madrid - Cádiz Royal Road, today Madrid Street, it dates from the time of the foundation of the city, 1772. As a result of numerous and important damages and collapses, in 1911 the demolition of the arches and the construction of new façades was approved. The most relevant event that this square hosted was a bullfight presided by King Fernando VII at the beginning of November 1823, on his way to the Court.
8 de June de 2022