Las Delicias Square
The widening of the city on the east side was planned in 1882 with the closure and formation of Las Delicias square. Crossed by the Royal Road of Madrid, it welcomes the visitor and acts as a prelude to the entrance to the city, which was adorned and flanked by the two towers of the Customs House.
This beautiful square opens onto the three main functional axes that run through the city, configuring the distribution of the road network. As it is accessed from the Avenue of Madrid, along the right diagonal (Cinco de Julio street) leads to the Intendant's Palace, the parish church, the courthouse and the food market. On the left (Right Roundabout), it led to the productive life of the city where the factories, the cereal granary and the orchard plan were located. Meanwhile, at the front, after passing the Customs House, Madrid Street leads to the center of the town, where public and commercial life is concentrated around the Town Hall Square.