Warehouses and siding of Mining Society Peñarroya
In Doctor Vicente Sancho street in Plan de Huertas. In 1913, Mining society Peñarroya acquired the mines owned by the Figueroa group in Castillo-La Rosa. In 1920 they modernised the facilities and took advantage of the levelling work on the Puertollano railway to lay a track linking their mining group with the La Carolina station, building their own siding in the orchard area. This 5 km track, which passed under the Paseo Molino de Viento, remained in service until 1948, when Peñarroya stopped its activity in these mines and closed down in 1954.
15 de June de 2022