[cs_content][cs_element_section _id=»1″ ][cs_element_layout_row _id=»2″ ][cs_element_layout_column _id=»3″ ][cs_element_headline _id=»4″ ][cs_content_seo]Foundation Monuments\n\n[/cs_content_seo][/cs_element_layout_column][/cs_element_layout_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=»5″ ][cs_element_layout_row _id=»6″ ][cs_element_layout_column _id=»7″ ][cs_element_audio _id=»8″ ][cs_element_text _id=»9″ ][cs_content_seo]To commemorate the founding of La Carolina and the New Settlements, and to honour its founder Carlos III, Olavide ordered the construction in 1768 of two small quadrangular towers with reliefs and inscriptions on one of their faces, at the end of the town’s axis, closing off the Los Mesones Square (today the Town Hall square). Divided into three panels, the upper ones are dedicated to Charles III and the Prince of Asturias. The central panels of both turrets show scenes of the work and achievements of colonization: the layout of the plots of land, the construction of houses, the clearing of the land for sowing, water wells for water supply, settlers washing clothes and a hunter. The texts on the lower part praising Charles III and the colonizing enterprise disappeared over time. In 1873 the square was renovated and the towers were moved to their current location at the entrance to the Windmill promenade.\n\n[/cs_content_seo][cs_the_grid name=»monumentos fundacion» _bp_base=»4_4″][cs_element_raw_content _id=»11″ ][cs_content_seo][cmloc-location-map id=2859]\n\n[/cs_content_seo][cs_the_grid name=»Rutas» _bp_base=»4_4″][/cs_element_layout_column][/cs_element_layout_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=»13″ ][/cs_element_section][/cs_content]