[cs_content][cs_element_section _id=»1″ ][cs_element_layout_row _id=»2″ ][cs_element_layout_column _id=»3″ ][cs_element_headline _id=»4″ ][cs_content_seo]Immaculate Conception parish church\n\n[/cs_content_seo][/cs_element_layout_column][/cs_element_layout_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=»5″ ][cs_element_layout_row _id=»6″ ][cs_element_layout_column _id=»7″ ][cs_element_audio _id=»8″ ][cs_element_text _id=»9″ ][cs_content_seo]In 1578 the Carmelite friars of La Peñuela built it and inaugurated it as a new temple dedicated to the Virgen del Carmen, which was the one that San Juan de la Cruz visited on his first visit to this place. In 1767 the convent was expropriated and used to found La Carolina. The church was enlarged and erected as a parish church under the patronage of the Immaculate Conception, patron saint of Spain and of the colonising project. The central Carmelite nave was enlarged and two side naves were added at the height of the presbytery, which together with the sacristy and several chapels, formed an irregular and harmonious floor plan. In 1900, the current bell tower was added.\n\n[/cs_content_seo][cs_the_grid name=»iglesia» _bp_base=»4_4″][cs_element_raw_content _id=»11″ ][cs_content_seo][cmloc-location-map id=2853]\n\n[/cs_content_seo][cs_the_grid name=»Rutas» _bp_base=»4_4″][/cs_element_layout_column][/cs_element_layout_row][/cs_element_section][/cs_content]