[cs_content][cs_element_section _id=»1″ ][cs_element_layout_row _id=»2″ ][cs_element_layout_column _id=»3″ ][cs_element_headline _id=»4″ ][cs_content_seo]Relic\n\n[/cs_content_seo][/cs_element_layout_column][/cs_element_layout_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=»5″ ][cs_element_layout_row _id=»6″ ][cs_element_layout_column _id=»7″ ][cs_element_audio _id=»8″ ][cs_element_text _id=»9″ ][cs_content_seo]In the Parish Church of the Immaculate Conception in La Carolina, displayed in an urn under the altar of the High Altar, a phalanx of a finger of San Juan de la Cruz is kept, which is taken out for veneration at Mass and in the procession of the Patron Saint.

The reliquary was commissioned and paid for by the miners of the Industrious Society who exploited the group of mines of The Castle, and was made in 1856 by goldsmiths from Madrid, either by Leoncio Meneses or by Ramón Espúñez. The base was paid for in 1568 by Valerio Puig, who was the butler of the Brotherhood of San Juan de la Cruz, and was made by the Granada silversmith Alonso González.
During the Spanish Civil War, the relic was saved thanks to the fact that the parish priest Diego Mota took it with him and hid it in the mining village of El Guindo. At the end of the war, his family returned it to the parish.\n\n[/cs_content_seo][cs_element_raw_content _id=»10″ ][cs_content_seo][cmloc-location-map id=2853]\n\n[/cs_content_seo][cs_the_grid name=»Rutas» _bp_base=»4_4″][/cs_element_layout_column][/cs_element_layout_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=»12″ ][/cs_element_section][/cs_content]